DATA ANALYST LEVEL 4 APPRENTICESHIP
The primary role of a Data Analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight.
Main responsibilities include managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data. They work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholder and/or customer issues.
This is a Level 4 apprenticeship.
Typically, 18-24 months.
The apprenticeship is for new and existing employees in analyst roles. There are no formal entry requirements although candidates need to have the commitment and aptitude to achieve all elements of this apprenticeship.
Typical job roles
Data Analyst, Data Manager, Data Scientist, Data Modeller, Data Architect, Data Engineer
- Knowledge modules are certified by BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT
- Includes industry recognised qualifications - Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and Dell EMC
- In addition to achieving the Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship, apprentices will also achieve professional qualifications - Data Science Associate (EMC Certification) and BCS Level 4 Diploma in Data Analysis Concepts
- Learning modules include topics such as: Fundamentals of Big Data, Structures and Architecture, Database Design, Regulation and Quality
- Dedicated skills coach to support apprentices throughout their entire learner journey
- Regular one to one workplace visits
- Flexible and innovative training methods geared to different learning styles
- 24/7 access to digital learning content, ensuring apprentices have everything they need to support and accelerate learning
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra card, allowing apprentices to access discounts on the high street and on other well-known brands
Upon completion, apprentices will be eligible to join the Register of IT Technicians to support their professional career and development. The apprenticeship will also be the basis for continued professional development in this field.
Funding and financial support
Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can use their funds to cover the cost of apprenticeship training while a range of government funding is available for non-levy organisations. Other financial support is available for employers and apprentices depending on circumstances.
Download the Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship brochure for apprentices.
Download the Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship brochure for employers.