SUPPLY CHAIN, FEES & CHARGES POLICY
This policy is subject to annual review.
1.1 As a Education and Skills Funding Agency Prime Provider GP Strategies Training Limited (GP Strategies) will provide and publish a supply-chain fees and charges policy on our website before entering or continuing into any Sub-Contract Agreements.
2.1 This policy statement details how GP Strategies will apply fees and charges to Sub-Contract Agreements with organisations for the delivery of training on behalf GP Strategies. The scope and polices will meet Skills Funding Agency sub-contracting requirements s detailed within the ESFA funding rules and guidance detailed within the following links;
3. Strategic aim and reasons for subcontracting
3.1 GP Strategies will only enter into sub-contracting arrangements based on one or more strategic objectives as detailed in the GP Strategies Skills Business Plan and ratified by the Governance Board. The following strategic priorities will determine the engagement and partnership of sub-contractors.
3.1.1 To support new occupational sector development by utilizing subcontractors’ knowledge and expertise.
3.1.2 To respond to the skills sector demands within each of our operating regions working closely with combined local authorities and Learning Enterprise Partnerships in providing skills gap opportunities.
3.1.3 To support the development of the Government’s strategic priority of 16-18 year old Apprenticeships and Traineeships
3.1.4 To enhance the portfolio of qualifications on offer to our existing and new employer database
3.1.6 To provide development opportunities for both GP Strategies and its Subcontractors by sharing good practice and new ways of working.
4. Ensuring consistency and improving quality of teaching and learning
4.1 GP Strategies ensures that Subcontractors are included in the Company’s Quality processes and procedures and are guided and supported by GP Strategies to fully comply with the company’s quality standards (refer to flow chart).
4.2 GP Strategies shares best practice and highlight areas of development with its sub-contractors.
4.3 GP Strategies provides training to Subcontractors on completing the Self-Assessment Review and the Quality Improvement Plan. Any actions arising are addressed in cooperation between the company and the Subcontractor.
4.4 GP Strategies provides training and documentation on the Company’s Quality and Environmental Management System (QEMS) to the Subcontractor. GP Strategies regularly validates the outcomes of Subcontractors’ own quality monitoring processes.
5. Management fee and justification
5.1 GP Strategies charges a sub contract management fee of 15% dependent on the outcome of the sub contract expression of interest and due diligence and a range of factors including track record and learner volumes. The management fee is deducted from the ESFA funding income received for each element of sub contract provision. The funding rates are derived from the ESFA Funding bands for the relevant occupational sector and through negotiation with the employer
5.2 The management fee is based on a the range of support mechanisms and processes required to administer, quality assure and performance manage the sub contract provision which includes the following:
- GP Strategies provides a designated point of contact to each of its sub-contractors.
- The administration and processing of all sub contract provider electronic and hard copy documentation.
- GP Strategies provides a designated administrative support and point of contact for each sub-contractor.
- GP Strategies undertakes bi monthly Quality assurance checks on each sub-contractor which includes regular quality assurance monitoring visits to check learner files, schemes of work and conduct observations of teaching and learning.
- GP Strategies provides training and documentation on the company’s quality documentation and processes.
- GP Strategies will provide training of substance to
- GP Strategies will conduct regular performance management review meetings identifying good practice and areas for improvement.
- GP Strategies will issue and analyse sub-contractor monthly performance reports.
- GP Strategies will conduct regular sub-contractor review meetings with progress reports.
- GP Strategies will give sub contactors access to relevant learner and employer on line training including equality and diversity, safeguarding, Prevent (radicalisation) and other pertinent training.
- GP Strategies will provide quality training including preparation for Ofsted inspection and involvement of Self Assessments and quality improvement plans.
- Ongoing administration support including in-depth checks of evidence submitted and regular feedback on issues identified.
- GP Strategies will provide monthly financial reports to inform invoicing.
- GP Strategies will conduct ongoing data self-assessment (DSAT) checks on all sub contract delivery
- GP Strategies Twill provide ongoing support to address any areas for improvement.
6. Other payments
6.1 In circumstances where sub-contractors use GP Strategies to claim for Apprenticeship Framework certificates the following fees will apply.
- Framework Certificate application and certification via Apprenticeship Certificate England (ACE) = £22 for each Apprenticeship Framework Certificate.
- Duplicate certificate requests = £7.50 per certificate.
7. Payment terms between GP Strategies and its subcontractors
7.1 Payments are made on a monthly basis at the end of the following month in which the activity is successfully processed and uploaded to the ESFA by GP Strategies subject to the terms and conditions specified in the Sub-Contract Agreement.
7.2 Payments are made based on the ESFA value provided in the PFR received monthly by GP Strategies from The Data Service, less the management fee as published in the Sub-Contract Agreement with GP Strategies and detailed within this policy document.
7.3 After each month end, GP Strategies will send monthly financial reports to Subcontractors, confirming the invoice amount.
7.4 Invoices are payable to the sub-contractor/s 30 working days following receipt of funds from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
7.5 Details of any rights by GP Strategies to withdraw, reduce or withhold funding are published in the Sub-Contract Agreement and relate to the protection of SFA funds and not to the benefit of GP Strategies.
7.6 Payments to sub-contractors will be made by BACS.
7.7 GP Strategies expects Supply Chain members to fully engage in assessing the accuracy of payments and therefore, have a responsibility to review their monthly financial reconciliations to identify any inaccuracies.
7.8 Supply Chain partners are responsible for all registration costs and any associated costs of maintaining Direct Claims Status with their awarding bodies.
8. Publishing of actual funding paid and retained
8.1 GP Strategies will provide the ESFA (for publication purposes) with the amount of funding paid and retained for each of our subcontractors.
9. Policy dissemination
9.1 This policy will be disseminated to current subcontractors on initial engagement following successful due diligence and will also be available through the GP Strategies website gpstl-apprenticeships.co.uk
All potential subcontractors will be made aware of the policy as part of the Due Diligence process.
10. Policy review
10.1 This policy will be reviewed at least annually and in addition, in-year reviews will be undertaken as required to reflect any changes to the Education and Skills Funding Agency funding rules.
11. Policy publication
11.1 This policy will be published on the GP Strategies website gpstl-apprenticeships.co.uk
12. Referenced Procedures and Documentation
Self-Assessment Questionnaire GPTSL-100-OP-29-SF-01
GPSTL-100-OP-17 Assuring the Quality of Teaching and Learning Procedure
Performance Management Reports
In Learning Progress Reports
Performance Management and Quality Assurance Processes
Self-Assessment and Quality Improvement Plan
Frequency: Annually in December
Method: Completion of GP Strategies Self-Assessment Questionnaire
Completion of Sub-Contractor QIP
Frequency: Learner Mid-Point and Programme End
Method: Completion of GP Strategies Learner Evaluation Surveys
Observation of Teaching and Learning
Method: GP Strategies Observation of Staff Assessment and Teaching Practice
System File Audits
Method: GP Strategies Quality Audit Monitoring Visit
Performance Management Review Meetings
Performance Management Reports
Method: Produced by Sub-Contractor
In Learning Progress Reports
Method: Produced by Sub Contractor
No Results Found