TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 3 APPRENTICESHIP
A Teaching Assistant’s role is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning.
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Typically, 18 months.
Individual employers may set specific requirements but applicants should be at least 16 years old and must undertake the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) process and provide the results.
Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant, Specialist Support Assistant, Support for Specialist Curriculum Areas and more.
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Training will include topics such as: Understanding how pupils learn and develop, Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning, Keeping children safe in learning, Developing strategies for support, Working with teachers to accurately assess
- Dedicated skills coach to support apprentices throughout their entire learner journey
- Regular one to one workplace visits
- Flexible and innovative training methods geared to different learning styles
- 24/7 access to digital learning content, ensuring apprentices have everything they need to support and accelerate learning
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra card, allowing apprentices to access discounts on the high street and on other well-known brands
Upon completion, learners can progress into a number of career paths in the Educational sector including Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Assistant Teacher and Teacher.
Funding and financial support
Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can use their funds to cover the cost of apprenticeship training while a range of government funding is available for non-levy organisations. Other financial support is available for employers and apprentices depending on circumstances.