PUBLIC SERVICE OPERATIONAL DELIVERY OFFICER LEVEL 3 APPRENTICESHIP
A Public Service Operational Delivery Officer works in local and central government to ensure the public gets the services and protection they need.
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Typically, 12 months.
Individual employers may set specific requirements but applicants should be at least 16 years old.
Administration Officer; Case Progression Officer; Team Leader; Project Officer; Processing Officer; Pensions Advisor; Tax Collections Officer; Passport Officer; Prison Officer; DBS Facilitator; Debt Collections Officer; Benefits Officer; Border Force Officer and Probation Officer and more.
Level 2 Award in Operational Delivery (Principles) | Level 3 Certificate in Operational Delivery (Advanced).
- Training will include topics such as: Managing conflict, Principles of equality and diversity, Negotiation and influencing, Working together and confidentiality, Gathering and managing information, Legislation, policies and procedures, Professionalism, self-management and awareness
- Dedicated skills coach to support apprentices throughout their entire learner journey
- Regular one to one workplace visits
- Flexible and innovative training methods geared to different learning styles
- 24/7 access to digital learning content, ensuring apprentices have everything they need to support and accelerate learning
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra card, allowing apprentices to access discounts on the high street and on other well-known brands
Upon completion, learners can progress to the Level 4 Operational Delivery qualification or progress to a variety of roles such as Customer Service Team Leader, Compliance Officer and other management roles.
Funding and financial support
Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can use their funds to cover the cost of apprenticeship training while a range of government funding is available for non-levy organisations. Other financial support is available for employers and apprentices depending on circumstances.