IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST LEVEL 5 APPRENTICESHIP
An Improvement Specialist is responsible for leading the deployment of improvement strategy, for training others and for providing broad and deep technical expertise in advanced and complex Lean and Six Sigma, Project and Change Management principles and tools to enable identification and delivery of improvement opportunities aligned to key business goals.
This is a Level 5 apprenticeship.
Typically, 18 months.
Individual employers may set specific requirements but applicants should be at least 18 years old and will have achieved 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade c or above.
Business Improvement Expert, Continuous Improvement Consultant, Process Excellence Manager, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Business Improvement Consultant, Business Transformation Consultant and more.
A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is included with this programme.
- Training will include topics such as: Project team and sponsors, Value stream mapping, Leading improvement teams, Measurement systems analysis, Process control and capability, Graphical analysis/hypothesis testing, Taguchi methods, advanced design of experiments
- Dedicated skills coach to support apprentices throughout their entire learner journey
- Regular one to one workplace visits
- Flexible and innovative training methods geared to different learning styles
- 24/7 access to digital learning content, ensuring apprentices have everything they need to support and accelerate learning
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra card, allowing apprentices to access discounts on the high street and on other well-known brands
Upon completion, learners can progress onto the Level 5 Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare.
Funding and financial support
Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can use their funds to cover the cost of apprenticeship training while a range of government funding is available for non-levy organisations. Other financial support is available for employers and apprentices depending on circumstances.